When I walk into a company, I ask everyone I meet the same three questions…
- Who are you?
- What do you do?
- How do you contribute to the success of the company?
It’s rare that someone can provide a clear answer to that third question.
It’s unusual that every employee understands the vision and strategy of the company. It’s rare that they understand how they contribute to the success of the company. Disconnects exist at many levels. In order for a business to be successful, everyone has to be aligned, involved and have an understanding of their role.
As a Leader have you …
- Developed and communicated the strategy to the organization
- Explained how people participate and can contribute to the growth of the company
- Established and monitored level-specific goals that are directly tied to the strategy
- Implemented metrics or key performance indicators to help all levels of the team take ownership for their part in the execution of the strategy.
A focused team is a successful team.
If you need assistance creating and focusing your strategy, let’s get on the phone.